Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pink Lemonade

Remember this post? Well, I tried making rosewater yesterday...




My niece picked some roses from the garden, and we decided that we would try to make rosewater lemonade.




If you've had this kind of lemonade before, or looked at the photo from Pita House, then you know that it's not supposed to be pink. My method of extracting the rose essence was incorrect. <--- (Wow, my nerd level just rose to an extreme level after that sentence.) I was going to do a write up of the different methods there are to make rosewater, but you really just need to know that if you ever try to make your own, use this method. Don't use a shortcut, because the results will not be as satisfactory.


In the end, though our rosewater lemonade was not as fragrant as Pita House's, it was still pretty good lemonade. The flavor of the rosewater was not as strong as I would have liked, but it was still neat to be drinking something that was refreshing with a pretty pink color.


*I imagine that adding some alcohol to this pink lemonade would make for a really lovely and light summer drink for a bachelorette party or baby shower. J/k about the bachelorette party.

No comments: